We are seeking to appoint a Senior Technical Officer to join our Technical Services department based in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. Benx is an innovative company with a proven track record and ambitious growth plans. We are at an exciting stage in our development and are seeking a talented individual who is keen to take on new challenges and works well in a team environment.
The primary focus of this role is to provide accurate and timely support across a market-leading portfolio of EWI and rain screen façade products and systems, collaborating with colleagues in all areas of the business. In this important role, you will provide effective technical communication at all levels in person as well as by phone, email and virtual platforms such as ‘Teams’ and ‘Zoom’.
Key responsibilities include;
· Respond to customer enquiries via phone calls and e-mails, communicate the response and update the CRM system.
· Become an authority on the technical merits of Benx’s product and systems portfolio.
· Communicate external leads to customer facing teams.
· Undertake thermal and design calculations.
· Undertake and deliver accurate system specifications.
· Provide designs using AutoCAD, Solidworks and Revit (BIM).
· Support the technical development of the customer facing teams.
· Manage document control processes.
· Update the Benx Customer Portal and liaise with Marketing and suppliers to ensure technical data is always accurate and up to date.
· Arrange for samples to be produced and dispatched as required.
· Deal with technical queries from trade counter customers.
· Participate in conference calls, in-person meetings and virtual meetings with customers.
· Assist in the maintaining of the ISO audit folders for the technical content.
· Arrange fixing ‘pull out’ tests for clients and customers.
· Assist in updating MSDS & Technical product data sheets.
· Recommend continuous service improvements to support growth of the business.
· Support and comply with the H&S policy of the business.
· Undertake other related duties not listed in this role description from time to time according to the needs of the business.
· A good understanding of construction methods and building regulations.
· Several years’ experience of a similar role in EWI systems and/or rain screen façade systems.
· Excellent IT skills.
· Some familiarity with construction design software (e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks, Revit).
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills (telephone and interpersonal).
· Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
· Logical mind.
· Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
Qualifications and core skills;
· Educated to HNC/HND within a construction related area.
· Degree in Construction/Façade/Engineering related field – desirable
· Confidence in using Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience using Visio/CAD/Solidworks/Rivet.
· Understanding of building practices and regulations involving facades.
· Understanding of Architectural drawings and specifications.
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to our HR Department via the apply link below and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
In line with GDPR regulations please be aware that your application will be sent to the HR department at Benx Ltd and that any personal details included as part of your CV will be retained for 6 months following the advertisement of this role. If you would like further information on this or do not wish your details to be kept on file, please contact a representative at Benx Ltd directly
|Holiday||26 Days + Bank Holidays|