- RCM Multipurpose can be used in flooring and roofing applications.
- RCM Multipurpose can be used as a tile backer board.
RCM Multipurpose – A1 non-combustible, cellulose fibre cement board
RCM Multipurpose is a highly versatile cellulose fibre cement building board, offering excellent strength, weathering and acoustic properties. It is available as building boards and soffit strips.
With an A1 non-combustible classification Multipurpose offers the highest level of fire rated performance making it an excellent option for buildings over 18m.
Providing high levels of flexible strength, RCM Multipurpose allows design led visions to be delivered by providing a curvature building option.
Fire rated to EN 13501-1 class A1 non-combustible
Request a Sample
- Internal and external walling
- Flooring and ceilings
- Facia’s and soffit liner
- OEM applications for improved strength and density
- Tile backer board
- External cladding
- Fire rated to EN 13501-1 class A1 non-combustible
- Exceptional racking strength EN 594:2011
- High impact resistance
- BBA Approved
- Excellent weathering properties
- Wide range of thicknesses
- Extensive range of applications
- Range of soffit strips available
- Integrates with other RCM products
RCM Multipurpose can be cut, drilled and nailed with conventional woodworking tools.
For cutting the product in any volume, we recommend the use of an RCM poly crystalline diamond Dart Blade to avoid excessive wear on other blades. Alternatively, RCM offer a complete fabrication service, please contact our technical department for details or visit the fabrication and design page here.
Suitable for the Following Construction Types
A building board with multiple uses
Lightweight Steel Frame
Bending Strength((Modulus of Rupture))
Modulus of Elasticity((MoE) (Oven Dry))
Reaction to Fire
BS EN 13501-1 Class A1 Non Combustible
Front Face - Smooth
Back Face - Textured
Durability((Life Expectancy - Minimum))
Standard Board Sizes
2400 x 1200mm
3.2 4.5 6 9 12
Nominal Mass of Product((kg/m²))
4.2 6 8 12 16
Soffit Strips Available
RCM Multipurpose has one smooth face and one textured face, the smooth face should be fixed outermost.
RCM Multipurpose has a rating of A1 to EN13501-1 this is a reaction to fire classification and should not be confused with fire resistance.
Yes, RCM Multipurpose can be left permanently exposed, we would suggest using a sealing coat to maintain long-term appearance.
Yes RCM Multipurpose can be used as a tile backer board.
Yes, 12mm thick RCM Multipurpose (referred to as Superflex) is referenced as a suitable render carrier board for the Kilwaughter K-rend system using their HPX and HPX 12 basecoats.
RCM Multipurpose edge distance is 12mm except at the board corners where fixings should be moved up or down to achieve 50mm. Fixings should be fixed using a maximum 600mm x 300mm grid pattern.
- 27 No. fixings per 2400mm x 1200mm sheet when fixed in a vertical orientation.
- 25 No. fixings per 2400mm x 1200mm sheet when fixed in a horizontal orientation.
- For fixing into SFS framing 4.8mm x 38mm self-drilling wingtip fixings suitably treated against corrosion should be used.
- For fixing into Timber framing 4.2mm x 42mm self-drilling fixings suitably treated against corrosion should be used.
RCM can supply Poly Crystalline Diamond (PCD) blades suitable for cutting RCM Multipurpose in a range of diameter and bore sizes, please contact RCM Technical department for further information.