Previously an office block, TRS Apartments is the latest high-rise building in Middlesex to undergo a reclad to make 149 residential apartments safe.
2nd Generation Facades was appointed to install a fire-safe external wall insulation system, with approximately 2,800m2 of wall area stripped of its existing external façade before the application of new external wall insulation onto its concrete frame.
The mineral wool offers an A+ EuroClass fire classification, has excellent acoustic properties and thermal performance and is ideal for use behind our silicone EnviroSil 1.5mm render and SpeedySlip bricks.
With EnviroSil’s vapour pearmeable and highly water repellent characteristics, the building will maintain its cleanliness through the natural cleaning process which occurs during rainfall. And with SpeedySlip’s lightweight and A2 rating, it is ideal for high-rise buildings to deliver on fire-safety. Its long life span will also ensure the building’s longevity and
reduced maintenance costs.
The tower block’s façade has been transformed completely with a white render and red acrylic brick slip, delivering a façade with a striking contrast between a modern and traditional brick finish.
The Benefits of SPSenvirowall’s Wall System 1:
- Solutions for most masonry and framed substrates available
- Extensive range of finishes available
- A range of insulation options offered
- Extremely cost effective
- Thermally enhances and protects any façade
- Suitable for low and high-rise construction
- A long track record in refurbishment and new build construction
- BBA approved certification for all system options